Monday 28 August 2017

Cromwell build update #2

Hi again, was able to do a little more work on the Cromwell this week.  I have all the wheels rebuilt and sized (width wise) properly.  It was a lot of work which again, i could have avoided if I had just waited a few weeks to receive the tracks...oh well, lesson learned.

I was also able to add the sprockets and paint most of the wheels.  I say most as I ran out of paint with 2 wheels left ...ugg!  For the paint, I am am using Leak Seal in black for the tires.  I came across this tip from a good friend who used it on his road wheels for his Sherman.  The leak seal dries quickly, leaves a really nice finish in almost the perfect color for tires.  I tried it on my 2nd Sherman build and really like the look and feel of it when dry.

Here are a few pictures .... 1/6 figure there to show the size of this...




No comments:

Post a Comment