Friday 1 December 2017

1/6th scale Bren/Universal Carrier - Scratch Building

Well, been a bit but I have actually started two new projects. One is a 31 Ford sadan, the other is a WWII Bren/Universal Carrier.  Both are commission builds, although I have created enough parts, measurements etc to build more if needed.

This carrier is a late war, welded hull version.  It will be Green in color with a small box in the back.  The new owner will have the fun of weathering it etc.

This build is a bit different in that I do not need to scale up a model, I already have a 1/6th scale carrier, made by Harold (pzwest) on various forums.  When Harold built mine, him and Geoff (Johnny Cannuck) used real world 1:1 scale measurements taken from a real bren carrier, so I am confident that my new one will be as accurate as the real thing.

a few WIP pictures....
























More to come

No comments:

Post a Comment