Monday 4 March 2019

1/6 Staghound

So, I started this build about 2 yrs ago.  It started out with a "can I do this" type question.  The reason I asked this was the turret.  It has a very unique shape and to do this right, the turret has to be right. 

So after figuring out how to do it, that was the start of the build....I'm not going to go into how I did it, cause honestly, I do make some of the vehicles as commission builds and as sure I don't want to give away some of my trade secrets as it were ... so anyway here is a few pictures to show the process.

Like all my builds, it starts with good drawings and plans.  I also try and use a 1/35 scale model to scale up from....


Here is the first mock up of the hull and turret, I use Styrene Plastic, I buy it in 4' x 8' sheets and cut it down to size...







Another obstacle was the wheel and tire.  The Staghound has a unique Rim and tire.  After much searching and scratch building, I ended up going the 3D printing route to try and get the most accurate tire/rim I could.  I use this as my master and cast them as hollow as I can and spray them with a rubber coating to act as rubber.


No comments:

Post a Comment