Monday 4 March 2019

Cromwell finished

Well, its been awhile but the Cromwell is finished.  It was a long journey but worth it.  The longest and hardest part...the tracks.  The tracks took me a little over a year to make.  I needed 250 of them and ended up casting about 300 or so.  With casting failures, time etc it was a long process.

But in the end I have a Cromwell tank, scratch built, with correct track links.  Now I have sold this model to another collector...which is both good and bad.  Good as it shows my work in worth the effort when others like what I make and want to acquire it.  bad cause it was a long and hard build of something I really like.  I love this tank and its the jewel in my collection...but onward and upwards as they say...
Here are a few pictures of the finished model






















No comments:

Post a Comment